Advantages and Disadvantages:
Not everyone is an idea candidate for a successful implant. There must be adequate bone in the jaw to support an implant(s) along with healthy gum tissue free of any periodontal disease.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implant restorations are the closest thing to your own teeth.
- Placement of implants preserves the bone.
- Implants can not decay.
- Dental implants have been placed by professionals for over 30 years now..
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- Implants are a slow process, so if you are in a hurry they are not the answer.
- Bone grafts are sometimes needed.
- Time has to be allowed for healing, between each stage.
- The implant process takes many months before being fully completed.
If you are interested in Dental Implants please contact us for more information.